Search media releases

PC Wayne Marques talks about his recovery

Wayne Marques.JPG

Wayne Marques

View | Download (JPG - 104 KB)
 
 
PC Wayne Marques, who was injured in the London Bridge attack last June, has thanked the public for their incredible messages of support over the past 12 months.
 
PC Marques was seriously injured when he confronted the three terrorists on June 3 last year.
 
Talking about his feelings one year on, he said: "I’ve made significant progress since that night. I’m much more independent, much more able, I’m standing, I’m walking, I’m able to socialise again, see family and friends.
 
"I'm just basically trying to get as much of me back as possible. I've still got far to go, but I'm on my way."
 
PC Marques said he was concentrating on his recovery, but hoped to return to BTP next month, saying, "Its a job that I enjoy. It's who I am, to be honest."
 
And talking about the public support he's received over the past year, he said: "The public have been inspiring, you can’t deny the response of the public to me and the job, to police officers since that tragedy last year.
 
"It's been inspiring, it was overwhelming, it was encouraging."
 

Share release