Search media releases

Tube sex pest handed jail sentence – London

Jamie-SierraFerrucho.png

Jamie-SierraFerrucho

View | Download (PNG - 552 KB)
A tube sex offender who targeted women using the London Underground was last week handed an eight month prison sentence for his behaviour. 
 
Jamie Sierra-Ferrucho, aged 58 and of Florence Road (London, E13) appeared before Blackfriars Crown Court on Friday 15 December where he was sentenced.  He had previously pleaded guilty to two charges of sexual assault and two charges of outraging public decency. 
 
The first incident happened on a Central Line train between Bethnal Green and Holborn on 21 January this year. At approximately 10am, a 25-year-old woman reported that a man was touching her inappropriately below her waist on board the train. 
 
The second offence occurred on 20 February on a Jubilee Line train between Canning Town and Green Park. A woman aged 24 was touched inappropriately by Sierra-Ferrucho below her waistline whilst he smiled at her. 
 
The third offence was on a Victoria Line train between Kings Cross and Finsbury Park on 14 March. At approximately midday, the defendant was seen rubbing his groin, the victim - a woman aged 22- took a photo of the suspect to assist with police enquiries. 
 
The fourth incident took place on the Northern Line between Morden and London Bridge on 20 March, a 51-year-old woman had joined the train along with her daughter at approximately 1.45pm. Sierra-Ferrucho started touching himself inappropriately. 
 
All four cases were linked following detailed witness statements and support from the victims. The defendant was subsequently arrested and charged. In addition to the prison sentence, Sierra-Ferrucho was also placed on the sex offender register for 10 years and was handed a 10 year Sexual Harm Prevention Order.
 
DC Andy Parkinson from British Transport Police, said: “Sierra-Ferrucho is a serial sex offender who used the London Underground network to conduct his revolting deeds. Not only did he touch himself inappropriately in front of shocked passengers, he sexually assaulted two women. 
 
“His behaviour was disgraceful and has absolutely no place on the London Underground network. I am pleased that the courts agreed and handed him a eight month prison sentence and a ten year sexual harm prevention order. 
 
“I am very grateful to each of the victims who reported these incidents and supported the investigation. Without their help, it would have been very difficult to have brought the defendant to justice. Cases such as this prove why it is essential that victims of unwanted sexual abuse report incident to police. Each report helps us build a detailed picture of offenders which ultimately leads to positive results.”
 
Siwan Hayward, Transport for London’s Head of Transport Policing, said: “Everyone has the right to travel without fear or intimidation and alongside the police we will eradicate unwanted sexual behaviour from public transport in London. Sierra-Ferrucho’s sentencing sends a clear message to all potential offenders that this vile behaviour is taken seriously and that every report matters. Offenders will be caught and brought to justice for their disgusting crimes.”

Share release